The rains are here to be your savior and put an end to the tyranny of the scorching summers. The weather is pleasant and romance is in the air. However, along with romance the downpour brings along lethargy and laziness. You add cravings to the list and you have the recipe for disaster. The inclement weather brings along cravings for junk food which makes losing weight a distant dream. Hence, breeze through the following list to lose calories even in the torrential rains:
- Show some restraint against certain food: Street food is an obvious inclusion to the list. Germs flow freely in the rain water and are waiting for an opportunity to strike. Hence, street food is a strict no-no. Wash away everything you were taught about leafy vegetables as well. Leafy vegetables grow close to the ground and attract a lot of dirt and humidity. Hence, give them a miss this monsoon. Sea-food is also a bad idea in the downpour. It's breeding season for fishes and hence they might just upset your stomach. In addition, stay clear of watery food such as watermelon, muskmelon, rice, and lassi. Watery food will create swellings in your body. Consume dry food such as oats and corn instead.
- Bulk up on fruits: Include a plethora of fruits in your diet. Gorge on apples, pears, and pomegranates. Nevertheless, avoid watery fruits that lead to water retention in your body.
- Embrace herbal or green tea and shun coffee and normal tea: As per herbalist Marrianne Beacon of Elderberry Herbals in Peterborough "In a lot of ways, we might get more benefit from a good organic tea than from a vitamin pill". Herbal tea gets rid of bloating and abdominal gas and even cleanses you from the inside. It is full of antioxidants that soothe an upset tummy and eventually take great strides in helping you lose weight.
- Water is the secret ingredient to lose calories: The most underrated tip to lose calories is to drink more water. It might not sound as flamboyant and cool as having whey protein and drinking green tea but water is the true underdog of health drinks. Increase in water consumption leads to an increase in metabolism which eventually burns more calories. Therefore, it is crucial to stay hydrated in the monsoon.
- Exercise smartly: You can't continue doing back-breaking exercises in the monsoon. The weather is damp and humid which weakens your immune system and makes you feel sluggish. If you strain your already weak body in the inclement weather then you are just asking for trouble. Hence, tweak your exercise routine a bit to suit the rain god's mood. Go for exercises which are easy on your body such as yoga, walking, swimming etc.
Make the most of these tips to stay fit and happening this rainy season and don't let the monsoon bug bite you. In case it does, ensure you are prepared for the illnesses with Reliance HealthGain policy, one of the best health insurance policy in India