Originating over 6000 year ago in India, Yoga has taken the world by the storm. After the glorious celebrations of the international Yoga day which were performed across 2500 cities on 21 June 2015, the masses have embraced Yoga into their lives. But what makes it so irresistible that people around the world are accepting it as a way of life? Let shed some light on yoga benefits to understand them in detail:
- It revitalizes immunity: Everyone knows Yoga makes you look younger, taller, and fitter. But all of these are just physical changes. Apart from these, Yoga cleanses your body from the inside by detoxifying and oxygenating it. It also helps in balancing the hormones in your body. Hence, regular practice enables you to boost immunity.
- It improves your digestion: Yoga is known to cure constipation, ulcers, and irritable bowel syndrome. It enables quicker transfer of food and waste products in your bowels. Hence, another advantage of Yoga is the fact that it is extremely beneficial for people with digestion problems.
- It protects you from injuries: It is a no-brainer that Yoga increases flexibility. It also makes your muscles stronger. Flexible and strong muscles are less prone to injuries.
- Yoga improves concentration: Yoga is a popular choice for meditation. The health benefits of Yoga and meditation are manifold. Regular yoga practice helps in emptying your mind which enhances reaction time, memory, coordination, and concentration.
- It improves blood circulation: Yoga relaxes your body and increases circulation of blood. The twisting and turning ensure blood is circulated throughout your body.
- Yoga keeps allergies away: The various breathing exercises help in cleansing the intestines. They keep pollen, salt water etc away from the nasal passage and avoid there accumulation. It also drains the sinuses.
- It enhances your sense of balance: Another health benefit of Yoga is that it improves your ability to be in sync with your body. With the various postures that you perform your sense of balance starts increasing. More balance means you will be less wobbly in old age and there would be fewer accidents.
Just like every other form of exercise, you can go through an accident while performing Yoga. Hence, be prepared with a good health insurance policy.