This Mother's day, let's make the lives of new mothers easier. Being a mother for the first time is an exciting and wearying experience. Life takes a 360 degree turn after child-birth and you become a completely new version of yourself. Life with an infant is frenzied and only an insomniac mother would know how taxing raising a baby can be. You need to juggle a million things together along with paying equal importance to family and taking care of the baby. However, self-care is the most important aspect as you need to be healthy in order to take good care of the baby. Therefore, go through the following tips to keep yourself fighting fit post delivery:
- Breast-feed if it is possible: There is nothing like breast-milk for the baby. It is vital for the baby's growth and development. However, along with the baby it is also beneficial for the mother. It will aid the mother in losing at least 500 additional calories a day. It is certainly a great way to get rid of the post-pregnancy weight.
- Drink a lot of water: Your need to stay hydrated increases exponentially when you are breast-feeding. Hence, ensure you drink at least 2-3 liters of water daily. In addition, keep aerated drinks and caffeine at bay as they affect breast-milk.
- Follow a nourishing and healthy diet plan: Start your day with a wholesome breakfast which includes yogurt, muesli, berries, and dry fruits. Keep food rich in zinc, iron, and vitamin C at hand.
- Rest as much as possible: It is crucial that you sleep whenever the baby sleeps. Be informed that your body takes a lot of time to recuperate and get back to its previous state. Hence, even lying on the bed or cat-napping helps. Ask your partner to do an occasional night shift to take care of the baby while you sleep like the baby.
- Get back to exercise gradually: Start with small and easy exercises such as 10 min walks and pelvic exercises and lifts. Speak to your doctor for a proper exercise routine to get back to your pre-pregnancy shape.
Hope these tips help you in having a healthy post-pregnancy period. In case you are interested, you can go one step ahead can opt for our Mediclaim Policy to safeguard your health.